Algerian-style prawns in spicy sauce recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
My mother used to prepare this dish after she had been to the market and brought back very fresh prawns but you can use frozen prawns if needed. A very spicy dish, savoured with the fingers.
5 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 chilli pepper, crushed in a mortar
- 500g prawns, shelled and deveined
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat oil in a frying pan with the tomatoes, tomato puree and garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, spices and chilli. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve hot.